Saturday, May 28, 2011

The smells of NATURE

 Since I was a kid, my parents had given me the chance to go for a camping trip with school. I've started to join this activity when i was nine years old. That was my first experience. For me, hiking is a fun way for you to blend with nature. Since then, every year, I will definitely join most of the outdoor activity held by the school. After graduate from school, it's hard to find someone who has the passion same as you. So yeah, I stopped for a while. and last year, my brother join this one club, Gunung Online.com. He asked me to follow him to go for hiking. For the first time after two years resting,I went to Pahang with his group. 
The place was magnificent. 
The beauty of the waterfall is really amusing.



 I also brought my friend Lisa Karolina from Sweden since she told me she rarely go hiking back in her country. 

 The whole group.


  This is at Sg.Pisang, Gombak. 
You only have to go trekking only about 45minutes to reach the waterfall.
They called it Sg.Pisang because there's only one banana tree at this area. 
The scenery is superbly awesome.

 On top of that, besides hiking, I usually join this one more activity called canyoning that requires abseils, ropework, technical climbing and down-climbing, technical jump and also technical swims. As for people who don't know what canyoning is, I just tell them it's like abseiling through the waterfall. Canyons can be very difficult when to have to step onto those slippery stones full of moss. 
But, I really enjoy it very much. For me, canyoning is not that tiring compared to rock climbing since you don't have to climb up all the way and use the full body weight to support you. 






I think people should commercialized this extreme sports since it is not that famous in Malaysia. We have a lot of beautiful waterfall that haven't been discovered. Even though, it's quite dangerous and a bit scary; I think the feelings when you reached the bottom of the waterfall is all that matters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment